I apologize too
Though White is my hue
I had nothing to do with your plight
Just because I'm white
I apologize
I apologize for me
All my life you've been free
But you see I've been guilty of a crime I didn't commit.
I've never put anybody in chains..I haven't done shit.
I apologize
I apologize
You see I have fought too
I overcame prejudices I was taught about you
My mind is free and I see you and me on an equal foot.
Yet there is still the need to
Apologize
I apologize
For being the white devil and "the man"
when I was growing up harmony was my plan
But I've been branded too by some for things I did not do
I apologize
I apologize
For the way things were
Even though my heart has been pure
I look to the future and hope that one day
Neither side will feel like they have to pay
For a debt incurred so long ago
Once again though....
I apologize
I apologize still
Hand in hand we have to climb the hill
Let's put behind the past and move on
A new world where our children are strong
Where we can live together as brothers, fathers, sister and mothers
Where nobody will feel the need to....
Apologize
Though White is my hue
I had nothing to do with your plight
Just because I'm white
I apologize
I apologize for me
All my life you've been free
But you see I've been guilty of a crime I didn't commit.
I've never put anybody in chains..I haven't done shit.
I apologize
I apologize
You see I have fought too
I overcame prejudices I was taught about you
My mind is free and I see you and me on an equal foot.
Yet there is still the need to
Apologize
I apologize
For being the white devil and "the man"
when I was growing up harmony was my plan
But I've been branded too by some for things I did not do
I apologize
I apologize
For the way things were
Even though my heart has been pure
I look to the future and hope that one day
Neither side will feel like they have to pay
For a debt incurred so long ago
Once again though....
I apologize
I apologize still
Hand in hand we have to climb the hill
Let's put behind the past and move on
A new world where our children are strong
Where we can live together as brothers, fathers, sister and mothers
Where nobody will feel the need to....
Apologize
No comments:
Post a Comment